Horgan Carroll Architects are delighted to have been involved in the design of proposed new housing at Ballyvolane, Cork. The planning application for a strategic housing development for 753 residential units was recently submitted to An Bord Pleanála.
The overall development, which is planned to be constructed in a series of phases (six neighbourhoods in total), will also consist of a local centre including retail units, a crèche, a doctor’s surgery and a community use unit. The proposed 753 no. residential units are comprised of the following:
- 67 detached houses (31 no. 4-bed units and 36 no. 3-bed units)
- 278 semi-detached houses (41 no. 4-bed units and 237 no. 3-bed units)
- 186 terrace houses (18 no. 4-bed units, 96 no. 3-bed units and 72 no. 2-bed units)
- 69 no. duplexes units (36 no. 3-bed units and 33 no. 2-bed units)
- 153 no. apartments (6 no. studio apartments, 42 no. 1-bed apartments, 79 no. 2-bed apartments and 26 no. 3-bed apartments).
More detailed information can be found at www.longviewshd.ie